Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Ideal plan (ID2)

Dear Mr. Tan,
Could you advise me on the two Ideal ILPs I have taken up for my children? I have lost trust in my agent after he started to criticize you and sing praises about the new management.

The primary objective of the two plans is savings for their education. Both are invested in equal proportions of Growth and Singapore Equity funds.

Should I continue with them, terminate them and take up ID7, or terminate them and invest in STI ETF?

Ideal (ID2) taken in 2002
Ideal (ID2) taken in 2007

Thank you sincerely for your advice, Mr Tan.
J


REPLY
You should continue with these two policies. You have already incurred the front end charge, so there is no need to switch now. Anyway, the charge under the ID2 is much lower than similar policies offered by other insurers.