Sunday, July 13, 2008

Insurance for a child

Dear Mr. Tan,

I am planning to buy an insurance plan for my younger boy of age 7. I am looking at either the LUV plan which is $12 per month for $100K as compared to the Legacy Life CI plan recommended by my agent.

I am in favour of buying LUV, but my agent told me below:

""I have deviated from the basic & giving wrong emphasis and that I have made the 7 common insurance mistakes parents make. No doubts term policies are a lot more affordable & more cost-effective to buy a portion that will last almost as long as you live and the rest to cover just your working years. When come to insurance for minor, health insurance focus is on both CI & H&S & the aim is to lock-in insurability & gifts of love. ""

I am confused. He is right in the above statement? Thanks very much for your time

REPLY
There is no need to buy insurance for your child, except for medical insurance. It is more important that you should adequate term insurance on your life, to cover your earning capacity.

Read this FAQ:
http://www.tankinlian.com/faq/childlife.html