Friday, September 12, 2008

Stress and uncertainty with Incomeshield

Hi Mr. Tan,

I would like to seek you advice on my Incomeshield. Previously, I was still covered under Medishield. I underwent an operation to remove X and Y. Later, I switched to Incomeshield. I declared the operation but forgot about the Y and only indicated X. I was accepted with no exclusion term.

Recently I found out about the omission and make another declaration. I was excluded from any claim relation to and/or arising out of Y.

I called CPF to check if I were to revert back to Medishield, would Y be excluded? They were not able to answer it. I called NTUC, they are not able to advise whether the basic component will still cover that.

At the point of my operation, I was covered under Medishield. What is the possibility that CPF will exclude this clause. I'm in dilemma as to whether I should continue with NTUC or go back to CPF.

REPLY
I believe that Incomeshield is required (by Ministry of Health) to cover you for Y for the Medishield limits under Medishield. You can confirm this point with NTUC Income. If this is the case, you can lodge a complaint about giving you a lot of stress and uncertainty.