Sunday, October 12, 2008

Big loss on dual currency investment

Dear Mr Tan,

My mother told me that she invested in a dual currency investment ( USD, New zealand dollar, yen) for about USD $500K from her retirement saving, and suddenly the bank told her that she lost all her money, and if she want to stay and get her money back she need to inject another $500k.

So what should we do, I'm not familiar with dual currency investment, and neither does she. Does it means that she lost all her retirement money? Is it true if we inject the money $500k will cover the lost for the other 500k?

I really appreciate your advice.

REPLY
Please ask your mother to get a detailed statement and explanation from the bank. You can send it to me.

You can register the particulars of your mother in this Petition:
http://www.PetitionOnline.com/PCFXT1/petition.html