Thursday, October 16, 2008

Fearful about speaking

Hi Mr. Tan,
I am sure, there are many who quietly hope that you would, when the time comes, volunteer yourself for election into Parliament.

Whilst some may wish that you avail yourself for the chair of the Presidency, however, I personally feel your entry into Parliament can contribute more to the betterment of the Singapore society. Time for a change in the way how our lives is governed.

In the meantime, dear Mr. Tan, I hope to see you and your fellow cohorts in Hong Lim Park as often as it possibly permit.

It is a shame to suggest that you tread carefully in your speeches, and hence I hope you do not take offence to this reminder which I am sure you are also fully aware of.

I wish you well, dear Mr. Tan

REPLY
Thank you. It is shameful that in Singapore, we cannot speak honestly and have to be fearful.