Monday, December 15, 2008

Search for a private property

I started to search for a private property, as the property prices must have corrected. I went to StreetSine and found it to be very useful. Here is the link:
http://www.streetsine.com

I looked for new condominium projects in districts 1, 2 and 3 and saved them in MyOrganiser. I looked at each project, to see the price trends and the properties available for sale. Several of the projects have shown a 20% reduction in price in recent months. The price may fall another 10% to 20% more, but it is time to understand the market.

There is a useful SQI index which gives points for the amenities in the nearby areas. Most importantly, I could see the map and the distance to the MRT station.

I was able to view "List Nearby Properties" to see the properties that are available for sale. I was able to send a SMS to the advertiser, which is usually a property agent. This is a convenient way to search for a property.