Thursday, July 9, 2009

Coverage of Lehman cases in Hong Kong

Hi Mr. Tan,
Why is there no coverage of what is happening with the Lehman cases in Hong Kong in our newspapers? Surely, this is relevant to the investors in Singapore, to know what is happening to similar cases in HK. The main source of this information is your blog - thank G!

REPLY
I want to thank a volunteer who seaches the online version of the Hong Kong newspapers every day and sends the articles to me. Without his help (and he did it without my asking), I would not be able to put up these news clippings. My job is to check that they are relevant to the readers.

I wish that our daily newspapers would be active in covering the developments in Hong Kong. This is what a free and independent media should do. I hope that they will be more active in this coverage in the future.