Saturday, August 22, 2009

Protecting citizens

Mr Tan, I signed the online petition and was there yestderday. I want to thank you for taking your time and lead in our cause.

The Government can continue to ignore us and pay lip-service. But I am sure that a big group of people who vote otherwise in the next general election.

This whole saga has open my eyes - a hard-core supporter of the current government. I am no longer convince that the current government is best when it comes to protecting citizens.

Though my financial position has improve tremendously compare to the lowest point in the crisis, I will never forget how our elected establishment chose to side-step and ignore the very fact that the FIs had indeed sold some very complicated/toxic product that few, perhaps including the FIs, could understand.

The very fact that HK and Taiwan FIs settle the toxic products is a clear testimony and yet our financial regulator continues the wayang!

Let the coming General Election do the talking.