Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Agent wants to recommend good products

Hi Mr Tan,
After reading several articles in your website and Fisca, I am wondering whether my decision to becoming an insurance agent recently is wrong!

I am always interested in insurance line many years ago and believe that the various insurance policies when used appropriately can protect people from unforeseen circumstances. Of course, this is only my own wishful thinking without putting any number in any calculation. My decision to become a insurance agent is to be able to see for myself on how to recommend to my clients that the insurance plan that benefit them the most.

So I am wondering whether it is of any good at all in being a insurance agent since the insurance products out there are mostly gearing towards high cost upfront and not to the benefits of our client. I felt like we are fighting a losing battle against the "big boys" out there.

REPLY
You can continue to be an agent and sell term insurance and single premium products. If you are keen to do it, I can recommend clients to you , provided that these products give good value.