Thursday, September 10, 2009

Kennedy's letter to Obama

A touching letter between two great leaders who are dedicated to public service.

Quotes
... to salute your leadership in giving our country back its future and its truth.

... For me, this cause stretched across decades; it has been disappointed, but never finally defeated. It was the cause of my life.

... I learned that you will not yield to calls to retreat - that you will stay with the cause until it is won.

... you have also reminded all of us that it concerns more than material things; that what we face is above all a moral issue; that at stake are not just the details of policy, but fundamental principles of social justice and the character of our country.

... I entered public life with a young President who inspired a generation and the world. It gives me great hope that as I leave, another young President inspires another generation and once more on America's behalf inspires the entire world.