Thursday, October 22, 2009

Difficult to make timing decisions

Sir,
I am an avid follower of your blog. It has been a source of enlightment that exposed the misleading practice that has been rampant especially in the last decade.

Currently I am in my mid twenty with stable income of a typical young graduates. I have saved approximately $10,000 so far. I am determinded to invest it wisely.

You has been highlighting the benefits of STI ETF which is now my choice due to its diversification and low charges. However recently the price has been rather high on 2600 - 2700 band. I am not sure whether I should buy it now OR wait for the price to go down?


REPLY
It is difficult to make timing decisions. I am not an expert on this matter.

For my personal investments, I have decided to sell some of my shares, as I expect that the Singapore and global economy has still not solved the underlying problems. I have decided to keep some of my spare money in cash.

Wish you all the best.