Sunday, October 4, 2009

Direction and future of our society

I spoke to a friend at a coffee shop about the changes that are necessary to make life better for the people of Singapore. He interrupted me on a few occasions and said, "that is engaging in politics; is it wise"?

I explained that I have no interest in "engaging in politics" but it does not prevent me from speaking as a citizen. We need more people to come forward to express their views about the direction and future of our society for our children and grandchildren.

My wishes for the future of Singapore:
a) Honesty - to be honest in our dealings and stating the truth
b) Fairness - to be fair and just
c) Courage - to have the courage to express our views
d) Positive - to express what is right (and not what is wrong)
e) Public service - to work in public interest and not for personal wealth