Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Educate the public and decision makers

The postings in my blog are intended to educate the public and the decision makers on various issues involving financial, social and economic matters affecting the future of our country, including productivity, quality of service and treatment of the public.

I believe that the decision makers are monitoring this blog and that my postings, together with the comments, will be read by them. (For example, where I have made factual errors, these have been politely corrected in my blog from knowledgeable people - posting anonymously). I have also forwarded some of these postings to the relevant decision makers. The mainstream media also took up some of these points and contacted me for more information.

Some cynical people asked, "what is the point of making complaints in this blog?" Their cynical attitude is  wrong - this is not a place for complaints, but is a place for positive contribution to educate the public and decision makers and improve the quality of life in Singapore.

There are many things that are not moving in the right direction in Singapore, as the decision makers are out of touch with the reality. I hope that this blog will help to bring these points to their attention.

For example, I have posted articles about how other countries approach their issues, especially where their approach is different from Singapore. I hope that this will allow the public and decision makers to consider the merits of the different approaches.

Tan Kin Lian