Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Experience with Property Agent

Dear Mr Tan,
The property market here is so sh.... lately. I relate to you of my latest experience with one of the agents from a well known real estate company.

I called one of their agents to ask for a particular new condo in a hot area which my son is interested in.This  agent called me and lied to me that he has a unit and quoted me a unit price which I feel was quite attractive. We then arrange for an appointment to meet at the site, but this is all bxxxx, as he does not have the unit but want to test the demand for this place. They want to escalate the market.


Very nicely, he fixed an appointment with me, but when the day comes he called me to say that the demand is overwhelming, the price he quoted earlier is no longer valid and he cannot deliver, his colleagues have sold the units in this locality at a much higher price. Please help everybody not to fall into this kind of trap by the housing estate agents.


ET