Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Be positive

I encourage people to have a positive attitude - to focus on what is right, rather than what is wrong. They should also avoid trying to pass judgement on other people, based on their limited knowledge, information, perception or prejudice.

I give my views on changes that will be better for the future of Singapore. I get comments from some people that are negative, cynical or judgemental. They say, "This will never happen", "the government will not agree", "you must be dreaming" and the like. There is no need for them to behave in this manner. If they disagree, they can state their reason. There is no need to be judgemental or to attack another person's views.

I believe that a large number of people supporting a positive change can make an impact. While most of us have been educated to find out what is wrong, it may be better to embark on a journey to find out what is right.

Tan Kin Lian