Thursday, May 20, 2010

Excellent service recovery by CISCO

I posted a blog to share my bad experience with replacing a faulty videocam. I received an e-mail from the customer advocacy senior manager of CISCO asking to talk to me. We had a conversation at the arranged time. He listened attentively and positively to my experience and suggestions. He found several of the suggestions to be practical and useful and will be implementing them.

From my past experience, this is one of the rare occasions that the customer service manager is interested to listen, and really listen, to the customer. I hope that this excellent example of service recovery will be emulated by other organisations. Well done to CISCO.

I also hope that CISCO will act promptly to simplify its process to make it easy for its customers to submit their feedback and claim for replacement of faulty products.

Tan Kin Lian