Monday, May 3, 2010

Fake request for financial assistance

During the past month, I received this type of e-mail from two people that I knew. I suspect that they are fraud. Be careful. I hope that the Police will carry out a sting operation and catch the culprit. It is easy for the police to do it, if they are willing to take the trouble.

Hello,

How are you doing? I hope this email reaches you on time, i had a trip to the United Kingdom, but unfortunately for me i got mugged at the park of the hotel,all my cash, credit card and cell-phone were taken away from me. I don't even have a phone where i can be reached right now because of my hotel bill.


Presently my things are been held down by the hotel management due to my inability to pay the hotel bills which i currently owe, they even had to restrict my access to the hotel facilitates until outstanding bills are cleared and i don't have a dime on me again,i had to walk down to the city library in order to send you this email.


I need you to kindly assist me with about $2,780:08 USD so that i can settle the hotel bills and make arrangement to return back home, please let me know how much you can assist me with soonest.