Friday, June 18, 2010

Poor service in restaurant reservations

I wanted to reserve a table at a Tung Lok restaurant at the Esplanade. I went to their website and filled up a web form for Reservation. I provided the essential information. Nobody called me back for two days. I consider that my reservation is not accepted. I arranged to go somewhere else.

I have the same difficulty in making reservations at other restaurants. Last month, I telephoned a restaurant in a hotel in Queen Street. After much difficulty, my reservation confirmed over the telephone. When I turned up at the restaurant, there was no record of my reservation and no table was available. There was a large wedding dinner.

I hope that the larger restaurants takeing reservations should outsourse this activity to a service provider. This will ensure a better standard of service.

Tan Kin Lian