Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Weekend Car

Dear Mr Tan,

In March, my husband drove his weekend car on a weekday to run our errants. In the evening, my pet dog passed away. We forgot to apply for a e-day licence due to arrangement for cremention of my pet. The next day, my husband remembered and went down personally to LTA to seek their assistance for the oversight. To our surprise, we received a fine of $500 for this omission 3 months later !
I tried to appeal to LTA, as this was not an "intentional cheating" and had reported it the following day. However, they refused to waive the fine of $500!
This "e-system" was implemented in January to convenient people with weekend cars. However, it is also a "TRAP" if we forgot to apply for the e-day licence. Just imagine a fine of $500 for a first time offence, imposed on an honest owner who reported the oversight!
EL