Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Android phone

Recently, I bought the Motorola Milestone, which runs on Google Android operating system. It is the first time that I am using a smart phone. I find the applications to be top class, and available for free.

I am able to access Google Mail and Calendar from the smart phone. It also uses the Contacts in the server. I find this to be very useful as I do not need to maintain the Contacts or Appointments separately in my smart phone.

I also like the Google Maps, which gets my current location using GPS. Now, I check the Map to find ou the best route to take to my destination. There is a choice of travelling by car, public transport or walking. A few days ago, I had to visit a place that I am not familiar with. After parking the car, I used the Google Map to check my current location and the direction to walk to my destination. It was very useful.

Please share your views on the applications that you use regularly on your smart phone.

Tan Kin Lian