Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Coverage for medical expenses

Hi Mr Tan, 
 I have a private shield plan with rider under NTUC . At the same time I also have H&S plan - GE's Premier Helath Plan. I realize that there are areas that are overlap. However, both my agents from GE and NTUC cannot tell me what are the differences of these 2 plans, except that one is paid throught CPF and the other by cash. I would like to discontinue the GE plan but am afraid to do so. Can you kindly advise? 

REPLY
If you are covered with Shield and rider, there is no need for you to have the GE plan. You can stop it. It is wasteful to pay premium for a H&S plan which duplicates most of the coverage, so a large part of the premium is wasted.

Read the FAQ in my webiste, www.tankinlian.com (Ask Mr .Tan) or get my book, Practical Guide on Financial planning, available from www.tankinlian.com/ishop.