Thursday, October 14, 2010

Gmail and multiple inboxes

I use Gmail to receive and send out my e-mail. I have two other mailboxes under SMU (where I teach as an adjunct professor) and in my corporate website (www.tankinlian.com). In the past, I often forget to log into the other inboxes to retrieve my e-mail.

Recently, I configured Gmail to retrieve my e-mails from these other inboxes. It was quite easy. Now, all my e-mails are retrieved from the three inboxes automatically. I am able to respond to all e-mails promptly. For those who are still logging to multiple inboxes, you should consider this approach.

Some people told me that they maintain a separate inbox to receive their junk mail. But they have the risk of over-looking to reply to genuine e-mails sent to these mailboxes. I prefer to retrieve all my e-mails daily and to delete the junk mails. GMail has a way of identifying most of these junk mail and transfer them to the spam box.

Tan Kin Lian