Thursday, December 16, 2010

High insurance charge on ILP

Hi Mr. Tan,
My mother has Pru-Link insurance and has paid for nearly 10 years. She is over 60 now. When she bought the policy, she was told that she only needed to pay 10 years. I looked at her policy now and realized that her insurance charge is half of the monthly premium and there is not much left in the investment account. And I found out that my mother cannot stop the premium as there is not much investment value to cover the insurance charge for long.


My question is:
1. Should I stop the insurance now, as the charge is too high?
2. If I continue the insurance, does it means that I need to give more money every month for protection?

My reply
Please bring your documents and see me in my office. I will discuss the options with you.

Observation
The greedy agent only wanted to make a fat commission and does not care about selling an unsuitable policy and the anguish that is being left with the policyholder and the family.