Monday, January 24, 2011

Excessive charges by SingTel

I am moving my office. Singtel wants to charge me $120 to move 2 telephone lines and 1 internet line. Actually, they are not moving any line. They are just changing their computer records. Why do they have to charge so much? I am writing to the manager of Singtel to get a written explanation.

They also want to charge me an additional $40 every quarter to retain my number. Why is this necessary? Are they incurring additional cost to retain the number? Are just finding an excuse to charge their customers to boost their profit? I am asking them for a written explanation.

I search their website for a statement on corporate social responsibility. I could not find any statement. The search button returned "no document found". At least Singtel is honest in declaring that they do not believe in corporate social responsibility - so they can charge their customer anyhow without feeling guilty about it.

Tan Kin Lian