Sunday, April 3, 2011

Poor service from DBS Bank

I have been a customer of DBS Bank for 30 over years. They even classified me as a Treasures customer and assigned a Relationship Manager to look after me. The RM seemed to be more interested to sell their financial products to me, such as the famous High Notes - which I avoided. After that, I never heard from the RM - who do not reply to my e-mail.

I have all along arranged for my GIRO transactions to be deducted through my POSB account. When the money runs down, I top up the account from my main account. Recently, due to an oversight, I forgot to top up my POSB account - and the money run out. Nobody from DBS called me - not the RM nor anybody else. They also did not send an e-mail to me.

When I realised the problem, several of my GIRO transactions had been rejected. Even IRAS cancelled my GIRO and asked me to pay property tax in advance, threatening to levy a fine for late  payment of tax.

But I do receive phone calls  from all types of people wanting to market their products to me. This is the practice in Singapore - businesses are interested only to market their products, but failed to provide customer service.

When will Singapore leaders wake up to this sad state of affairs - a country where most people are greedy to chase profits, higher salaries and commission!. They forget their responsibility to their customers or to the citizens! Sigh!