Tuesday, April 12, 2011

SIA charge higher fares originating from Singapore

Dear Mr. Tan
I read  your comments about the fee of $150 to process a refund, which you said is excessive. I agree with your views.
I like to bring up another point of Singapore Airlines. They charge a high fare for a trip from Singapore to another destination, say X, when the fare from X to Singapore is much lower. Why should SIA charge more in fare ex-Singapore? Are they trying to get naive Singaporeans to pay more, out of ignorance or loyalty to our national airline?

REPLY
I agree with your views. In the past, I was not able to find out the fares of other airlines, so I pay the fare charged by SIA.
I have since found a good website that shows the fares of various airlines. This website is easy to use. I am now able to find out easily, if there are better fares offered by other airlines. I can also find the total travel time, and the options of arrival and departure times.
Now that I have a convenient choice, SIA will have to offer better terms, before I fly with them again.
 The website is: www.webjet.com.sg