Friday, June 24, 2011

Malicious smear

There is a malicious smear in a blog. I have given a reply. I post the smear and the reply here.



Anonymous said...



Hi, got to know this website through a fren's facebook.I must say that I am 100% kee Chiu on those negative comments on TKL. I once am a ex-income staff working in bras basah hq. Let me give some egs of TKL's tyrant acts. 1) staffs that has the same views with him gets promotion like rocket. If the staff is a pretty young women, she can get double promotions within a year. One such eg is the female manager from actuarial dept and also the female marketing manger. 2) Staffs who used to be his favorite right hand man was kicked away to other buildings away from hq dept. This is what has actually happen to risk dept head. 3) He is another durai(n/f). There is a swimming pool on level 6 of ntu income hq. His office is onthe same level. Every morning, he will be swimming while his staffs are working hard in the office. It is a common knowledge among female staffs not to swim in the pool as he will be sighted ard the pool. I have to state that i m a supporter for alternative voices in the parliment. Am stating these issues because I do not want singaporeans to vote for TKL then u will not just repent but also regret for next 5 years after presidential election. TKL is also another Taiwan ex-president in the making. If Papies are wrong in shielding "dunno what TPL is wrong, I'll still vote for Papies supported candidate rather than TKl.

Tan Kin Lian said...



I am alerted to this malicious posting (23:35) and wish to present some facts:

a) Promotions, transfers and the few cases of staff termination are carried out in accordance to our staff process managed by the human resource department and the line managers. I am not personally involved, except to give approval for the major decisions. At the top management levels, I have to get the approval of the staff committee of the board of directors.

b) On the pretty young women that got double promotion in a year, perhaps the writer can send their names to me at kinlian@gmail.com. I do not recall of any specific person in this category. However, it may be possible for a few people (of both genders) to get double promotions in a year during the 30 years of my tenure. This is probably exceptional and I might not be the person responsible for the decision.

c) The swimming pool is on the roof (7th level). My office is on the 6th level. During the 20 years in the office, I might have used the pool a total of 20 times. I should have used it more for exercise, but could not find the time. The description of "every morning" is grossly exaggerated or deliberately mischievous.

Some people said that I should ignore these malicious smears, but I am told that it is being circulated by e-mail also. So, I might as well give a reply.