Friday, June 10, 2011

Ministry of Law statement on Elected President



Several journalists have asked for my response to the Ministry of Law's statement:

REPLY
Please read this statement:
http://www.tankinlian.com/Frame.aspx?PK=ca7880a4e1f0102eac426aee6a492e0e

Quote
I also like to focus on another matter, namely the investment policy adopted in the investments of our financial assets. Should our two wealth funds (i.e. GIC and Temasek) adopt an active investment approach (to increase the return on our assets) or to adopt a conservative approach (i.e. avoid speculation on market timing and asset selection)?

My personal preference is to adopt a conservative approach in the investment of our assets and to use the influence of the President’s office to achieve this goal. I recognize that there may be limitation in the power of the President on this matter.
Unquote

I have no further comment.


Tan Kin Lian