Friday, June 3, 2011

Speeches at General Election rallies

A journalist asked why I agreed to speak at the general election rallies for the NSP and the SDP and not for the WP and PAP.

The answer is simple - Goh Meng Seng (NSP) and the SDP organiser asked me to speak and I accepted. The WP and the PAP did not ask me.

Each party and each person has positive points, including the PAP. If I am invited, I will highlight their positive points and be honest about it.

I am not affiliated to any political party now (having resigned from the PAP in 2008) and have friends in all the political parties, including the PAP.

I believe that it is more important to identify the values that should guide us personally and to be shared in our society. I believe in the values of honesty, fairness, positiveness, courage and public service as explained here.

It is the values that people should focus on and not the party that they are affiliated to. I hope that my supporters understand and support me for the values that I represent. Please share your views in this blog.

Tan Kin Lian