Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Response to PM Lee's views on the Presidential election

 I would also like to take this opportunity  to thank  Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong for his insightful statement that the Government will work with whoever's elected. I am also encouraged by his remarks that the new head of state will be above politics and enjoy the respect of citizens. 

I will bring my personal values of honesty, fairness, courage, positive thinking and public service to the office of the President. I have always been on record that I am neither pro-PAP nor pro-Opposition. I am pro-People of Singapore. 


I will be the Voice of the People but I am non-partisan and I am above politics. Unlike the other candidates, I have never participated in a general election under a banner of a political party!



Tan Kin Lian