Thursday, October 23, 2008

Avoid land banking

Dear Mr. Tan,
I was in Hong Lim speaker corner last 2 weeks, to listen to your talk and advice which was informative and helpful. You had done an excellent contribution to the society.

Can I seek your advice on the Land Banking which I was being approach to invest.It is a good investment to do.Please give your advice and comments. Thank you.

SL

REPLY
You should avoid investing in Land Banking. Learn from the lesson of Minibond and avoid these types of products.

AFTER NOTE.
If you wish to know the reason to avoid land banking, you can do your research using Google. There are many articles and experiences of people who invested in this product and have not got their money back after waiting for many years. I hope that someone can do the research and make a summary for me to post in my blog.

Some of the people who challenged my views on land banking are the financial advisers who now sell this product. Previously, they sell the minibonds and structured products, which has caused great loss to the ordinary investors.