Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Collective legal action - request for proposals

1. My preference is to consider collective legal action only as the last resort, after the other avenues have failed. Several investors are keen to consider this step now, as they have been disappointed with the steps now taken by MAS.

2. I have written to three lawyers to ask them to submit the following:

Can you give me a proposal for collective legal action. I wish to post this in my blog and ask the investors to indicate their desire to participate in this collective action.

In your proposal, please indicate the grounds for the action, the approach to be taken, the expected legal cost to the investor and the chance of winning. Please indicate the additional cost, if the investor loses the case and has to pay the other party's cost.

3. I suggest that the investors wait for the reply of the lawyers.