Sunday, October 26, 2008

Unhappy with the interview

Dear Mr Tan,

I had attended the interview. It's feels like asking a criminal to conduct the trial and pass his own verdict. It may be a bit exaggerating but it's definitely not a fair trial. I will be surprise if anyone can get a fair hearing and compensaiton from this.

One of the most ridiculous question I was asked is, "If no one from X tell you it's a Fixed Deposit, what is your complaint then?". I never know a broking house is allowed to sell FD. I started to recall and found out that this person actually heads the department that was selling all these toxic products.....Head of Business Developement Department. So is it fair?

The other one is he claimed that X is only distributing and not selling. So there is no mis-selling. X not selling but did received a commission from the issuer, sound ridiculous again. I went alone; I will only challenge him when there is a fair trial.

I insisted on bringing the form home to fill in. He tried to pressured me to submit on the spot claiming that my hearing will be delay if I don't submit on the spot, etc. Clearly this is another one of those pressure tactic used. I told him off. I do not want to say much, because the other 2 persons just keep writing the moment I open my mouth. It was quite a hostile interview because of the stupid questions asked and the pressure tactic used.

It's a waste of time to attend. Think about it, it really a ridiculous approach from MAS. Like asking us to go commit sucide.

I'm sorry to bother you, but I think only you can help us and provide leadership to us since MAS is washing hand. I'm very disappointed with the government.

I wish to remain anonymous


REPLY
This is an interview. Is should not be described as a trial or interrogation. You can write a complaint to the "well regarded person" who is supposed to review the complaint handling process for the distributor, i.e. Mr. Ee, Mr. Low or Mr. Hwang.