Sunday, November 23, 2008

Tan Kin Lian eyes elected presidency

This is the headline of an article in the Sunday Times.

The front page has the following message: "Im game to be elected president or member of parliament if people wants me" Tan Kin Lian now opens up on his political ambition.

My "political ambition" has been summarised in this posting in my blog on 2 November 2008:
http://tankinlian.blogspot.com/2008/11/political-ambitions.html

It is also reflected in the article written by Nur Dianah Suhaimi. It reflects my views quite fairly. The headline is an exaggeration and gives a distorted angle.

My friend said that the article may backfire on me. My supporters may not be able to get 100,000 signatures. Why not ask for 50,000?

I told my friend, "It is not my interest or ambition to stand for election. If I do not get 100,000 signatures, I have the excuse to opt out - that this is a bad idea." I am willing to leave this to the voice of the people.