Monday, February 15, 2010

Draft letter to MAS on Mini-bond settlement

I suggest that the investors send this letter by fax or mail to MAS:

DRAFT LETTER



Date
Managing Director
Monetary Authority of Singapore
10 Shenton Way MAS Building
Singapore 079117
By Fax: 6229-9229

Minibond – Series XX

Dear Sir,
I am a holder of the Mini-bond Series XX. My particulars are:

Name: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Certificate Number: xxxxxxxxxxx
Amount invested: $xxxxxxxxxx

I have received a letter from the Trustee of the above Notes informing me about the liquidation of the Notes as follows:

Fee to LBSF: xxx%
Fee to liquidator: xxxx%
Legal fee: xxxx%
Residual value to Note holder: xxx%

I wish to ask for the assistance of the Authority to request the Trustees to clarify the following:
1) What is the authority on which the Turstees have acted to liquidate the above Notes?
2) Why did the Trustee fail to call for a meeting of the Note holders to discuss the above action?
3) Who decided on the fee to be paid to LBSF? How is the payment of this fee in the interesst of the Note holders?
4) As a Note holder, am I legally bound to accept the action that you have taken to liquidate the Notes without my approval?

I wish to ask for for your assistance to get the Trustee to convene a meeting of the Note holders for the above Series, so that these issues can be discussed and the appropriate explanation given to us.

Name
Address
Telephone
E-mail address