Monday, June 21, 2010

Trading in Futures

Hi Mr Tan

Recently I read about "STI Futures". As currently I have set aside 5K for investment( Spare cash ). I want to find an investment vehicle to earn quick money ( also aware that I might lost quick $ if not careful )


I noticed this "STI futures" recently, Initial we need to place an initial margin of about $1625 for one contract.
Per index point is $10 ( either earn or lost ), there is margin call also etc.

We can get in and out( trading ) within a few mins , hour, or a day to even months. As I understand that the RISK factor is there also. But I find that this STI Futures can let me earn $ fast as I don't like to wait long. I also prepare to lost this 5K if my decision is not right.


As this STI Futures might be one of my investment vehicle, it "attract me" is because if my decision is right, I might earn $ fast within a few hours or a day. I also understand that there might be risk also. Anyway this 5K is my spare cash (but doesn't mean I am prepare to loose the $ ).


I wondering any advises you can share with me or where I can find more detils to have a better understanding. As I am your regular reader to your blog, wondering you can post my enquiry to your blog so that your readers might share with me the risk factors etc or where to look for?

Anthony
 
MY REPLY
There are many futures contracts that you can trade in, i.e. stock index futures and currency futures. You need to be familiar with trading in futures before you plunge in. You have to understand the risk, liquidity and other factors. Please attend training courses on trading in this type of contracts.