Saturday, January 15, 2011

Google Maps Singapore

I had difficulty in using the journey planner from SBS and SMRT. A friend suggested that I use Google Maps. I tried it and the experience is positive. This is what I did:

  • I searched for Google Map Singapore
  • I select the destination, i.e. Marina Bay Sands, MICE
  • I chose "Direction" and picked the nearly MRT stations, i.e. Promenade and Marina Bay.
  • I found that it is better to take the bus from Promenade, as the walking time to the station is 1 min and the journey is 3 mins. I would have to walk 5 mins to the bus stop at Marina Bay stations
Well done to Google. They really know how to provide the best technology and make things simple to the public. Our planners in Singapore should attend Google school.

GOOGLE MAP ON ANDROID
I tried the same approach with my Android phone. It worked in the same way. I now know how to use this app on the mobile phone. It is wonderful.

Tan Kin Lian