Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Wine investment

Hi Mr. Tan,
A year ago, I made a wine investment with a local company called (name deleted). They told me that I could see good returns after holding the wine for three years. I checked the materials online and learned that many people have been holding the wine and this company has not sold of the wines for them yet.

I went down to their office and told them that I wanted to sell off my wines immediately. They said that I must hold the wine for 3 years. I argued that there was no such terms in their contract. They then said they would help me to sell the wine off. I threaten to bring the matter to CASE but they replied that other investors had already done so, to no avail.


I just can't believe they are operating like a legalized "scam" company. As long as they get their sale done, they don't bother to look after the investor, and would only call to sell more wine with promises of high returns.



They are still giving seminars and talks at Suntec at an investment expo. Many elderly folks are being cheated. hope you would be able to advise me on what I can do.

REPLY
Many people are caught in this type of situation. You can make a police report, if you feel that they have cheated you. But, I do not know what else you can do.