Thursday, July 14, 2011

Tan Jee Say's participation in the Presidential Election

Here is my statement.


I like to wish Tan Jee Say all the best in getting the Certificate of Eligibility and in contesting the Presidential Election. With more candidates entering the contest, the voters of Singapore will have a wider choice of selecting the next President of Singapore. A larger pool of candidates should help to make more citizens aware of the importance of this position and educate more people on the need to make a wise 
choice.


I will not change my campaign, as set out in my campaign website: www.tkl2011.com.


I offer to the voters to serve the country in the following areas:
 Be a voice of the people to carry their views, concerns and aspirations to the Government. 
 Be independent of the PAP government but to work with the government to find solutions that are best for the people 
 Apply my knowledge and expertise to safeguard their CPF savings and the reserves of Singapore.


I also pledge to donate at least half of the President's salary towards charity and 
other causes. See http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=161923467213647
for more details.


I will also bring my values of honesty, fairness, positive attitude, courage and public service to the decisions that I have to make in the future, in whatever capacity that I may be in.


Tan Kin Lian