Monday, August 15, 2011

PAP of the old days

Mr Tan,
I am 64 yrs old and like you supported PAP policies in the 70s, 80s. Just because of your previous PAP membership, those who do not know your background well enough just simply lump you as also one of the ex-pap people and even one of the candidate like to harp on this fact to show that he has never been associated with the PAP.

So in your campaign, you need to somehow HIGHLIGHT that most S'poreans were supporters of PAP in the early decades because they were looking after Singaporeans. But like most of them we have become disillusioned with their (PAP) policies and MOVED away from them.


There are even a lot of ill informed public who simply link the name NTUC as asssociated to the PAP camp and that include NTUC Income where you helmed.


This is just my feedback to you. I benefitted from my various policies when you were Income CEO and when you left, I stopped all of them except my Annuity Plan.



BG