Friday, November 4, 2011

we belong together by ritchie valens

1. We Belong Together, Ritchie Valens. "You're mine and we belong together." Is that what you are thinking about your prospects? And just how are you showing them? Do you take your time to build rapport? Are you getting to know them? Then are you letting them get to know you, your product and your service?

2. What's Your Name, Don and Juan. "What's your name? May I walk you to your door? It's so hard to find a personality, With charms like yours for me." Learn about primary personality styles with a model like the Personal Profile System or some other. An easy and exacting model of a prospects buying style will help you help them easier. If you open the next sales step sooner or later, depending on the buying style, you will find a perfect match of selling for your customer.

3. Stop And Think It Over, Dale & Grace. This is the slow song of rapport: "We've got to stop and think it over. Before we say we're in love. Are we right for each other? Can what we feel be lasting love?" Ask early on a qualifying question like, "And are you able to move forward today if you find I can provide you with ...?" It is your role to ask at the appropriate time, often at the end of follow up meeting, for your prospect to make a decision. If you find there are concerns or objections, the next 50's hit is ready to play.

4. Talk To Me, Little Willie John. "Talk to me, talk to me. Um-mm, I love the things you say. Talk to me, talk to me. Tell me what I want to know." Welcome objections. I remember an early selling situation where I was not communicating properly with a prospect on their sensory language pattern. I was using primarily visual words when she was clearly auditory. I was getting maybe, maybe, maybe until I made a question shift using auditory language. All of a sudden she was pouring out her concerns to me! Because of that, I could answer her questions and she signed training contract.

5. I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry, Roy Orbison. "The silence of a fallin' star, Lights up a purple sky, And as I wonder where you are, I'm so lonesome I could cry." Lack of follow-up is the bane of salespeople. Yet the prospect wants to and even needs to hear from you. Maybe they aren't really lonesome, but they are waiting to hear from you. They want you to attend to their original interest. Plan a scheduled series of between five and twenty-one follow-ups.

6. At Last, Etta James. "At last my love has come along. My lonely days are over, And life is like a song." Both the prospect and the salesperson will be singing this! The buyer, they want relief from the product or service you have. You the seller, you want that new happy, lifetime customer. Both buyer and seller really are headed in the same direction, but it is because of the skills of the salesperson that they will reach that same point, at the same time, together.